This weekend, I traveled to a place called Divosoria. I hadn't really heard what it was, but I figured I should take every opportunity to see the Philippines as I can. And it was truly a real filipino experience. I met our "guides" up at school, and we drove into town to catch the train. We parked in some guy's yard, which I thought was hilarious. It reminded me of football games when people would open up their yards for parking and charge $5. Same kind of deal. From there, we took the train down further into the city. A round-trip ticket cost about 75 cents. The train was empty when it approached, but we were crammed in there like sardines because so many people were getting on. Right after we got off the train, we then got onto a jeepney to take us to Divosoria. If you aren't sure what a jeepney is, it's bascially the public transportation of the Philippines, and our 10-15 ride costs us about 2 cents. I recorded the above video to give you an idea of what it's like on a jeepney.
Overall, we had a great but exhausting day looking around and experiencing another side of the Philippines!
Yes, this is a bunch of fish. Yum!
Small children are constantly approaching you to sell something. Here, we bought a big bag for all of our things from this little girl and her sister.
Kristy and me riding on the jeepney.
It's hard to get tired of this view...this picture was taken on my way home from school. Love it.
Things don't look that different than they do in China...and I am assuming they smell about the same too! :)
ReplyDelete