Some photos!
So nothing big and exciting has happened this week, BUT I do have a car now, which is really helpful! It's a Honda Civic, and the best part is that it's automatic, because I don't know how to drive a stick shift, and I thought that first things first--learn to drive in the Philippines, because that's enough of an adjustment! I will have to post a video sometime of what driving here is like...
Here is one from condos where I am living, Victoria Valley Condominiums. This was taken from the back patio, and you can see Faith Academy (in the *far* distance). From this point of view, if you pan over to the right, there's a great view of Manila in the distance--it's not that far (distance-wise) but it sure does take a long time to get there because of all of the traffic. It's a beautiful sight!
And...I have to throw in a picture of me cooking, because I wanted everyone to rest assured that I am eating well! Most of the foods that I eat in the States are easy to find here or there are really good substitutes. I am learning to cook more things from scratch (or kind of scratch) since the more convenient stuff is typically a little bit more expensive. So far, I haven't eaten anything crazy :) In this picture, I am making spaghetti and sauce for some of my friends.
Things are going well, and I'll keep you updated!
your blog is my favorite :)
ReplyDelete