Thursday, February 17, 2011

Remember that time I kept up with my blog?? Good times.

Wow.  I know it's been *forever* since I've updated my blog.  I told my friends here that I think the reason is that my life is beginning to feel normal here, and so it seems less exciting to blog.  But exciting and frustrating and awesome things happen every day, so I'll try to be better. 

Christmas was hard, but it was nice at the same time.  Obviously things were very different, but the Lord has surrounded me with some great friends who are kind of like my family here.  We had a wonderful Christmas together.  Our New Year was equally awesome, with the longest, brightest fireworks show I've ever seen.  The fireworks started going off around 6pm and kept going off until about 2 or 3am (I was trying to sleep by that point...)

Meg, Karen, and Leo on New Years' Eve

During our Christmas break, my friends and I got to go to the Manila Aquarium, where we saw an awesome sea lion show!


Here's a fun story.  This past Saturday, I was up at school doing some work and some choreography for the high school play, Annie.  I got a text from my friend Leo, who lives below me that said, "I think there's a leak in your apartment.  They're going to turn your water off to fix it."  He knew because he was experiencing some of the water leaking into his apartment.  So, the maintenance guys went into my apartment, and at that point, I got another text from Leo that said, "Water is everywhere.  I think you should come home."  Yeah, so I did, and boy was he right.  It covered my kitchen, living room, and bedroom (my place is just like a dorm room, but bigger).  Not only was water ALL over my apartment, but also bits of Korean food. 

What happened is that there was a clog in the pipe near my sink. Since I am on the basement level, I have 6 other apartments above me, and all of that water comes past my place.  When the water approached the clog, it came up out of my sink. 

It was quite the adventurous day, and my place smelled like fish for the whole day.  It was gross, and in my moment of frustration and tears, I said, "I wanna go home!"  Then, I remembered things like this (or something like it...) happen everywhere.  And by the middle of the day, the problem was completely solved by the amazing Filipino maintenance team at my condominiums. 

So, there you go.  Hope that was entertaining.  I can laugh about it now....

2 comments: