That's all for the history lesson! But it was really cool. Of course, the coolest thing about this place is the tunnel-like Starbucks. I am pretty sure this is my favorite Starbucks in the world. And I must say, I've been to quite a few of them across the globe.
It's funny, because Metro Manila is not geographically that far from where I live. Maybe between 5 to 10 miles. It took us about 2 hours to get there! Traffic in Manila is unlike anything I have ever seen. Hence, the first stop was Starbucks! After that, we headed over to Fort Santiago, where we learned about a famous Filipino, Jose Rizal, who is considered a national hero of the Philippines. He fought for Philippine freedom, and was executed in 1896. Here is a picture of a replica of his holding cell.
It was great to see some of the amazing history of this place and to realize how hard the people of the Philippines had to fight to become an independent nation. It was an awesome day; however, there are 23 points of interest, and we only made it to 2 of them! I may need to make another trip back there!

And, just for fun....
No comments:
Post a Comment