Well, to be honest, there's not really much to blog about right now. Life is getting kind of routine here, which I think is a good thing. The skies are looking pretty ominous, and the wind is blowing leaves around, which is kind of nice. In my cool air con room, it *almost* feels like fall. But pretty soon, I'm going to walk out that door and be slammed with the shocking heat and humidity!
The upcoming weeks are going to be pretty nice. Next week, the only day that kids come to school is Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday we have Parent/Teacher conferences, and my schedule for those days is pretty packed, as I have all 19 parents confirmed to attend! Thursday is the start of our official "October Break" which is going to be nice. It marks the end of the first quarter--I am one fourth of the way through a year here! To celebrate, some friends are I are going to spend a few days at a nearby beach, just to relax and rest up for the next quarter. That week, I'll also be going to be my Filipino license, which I am pretty excited about! And I already know that I'll have a fun story after that, because it's quite a different experience.
School is scheduled to begin again on October 21 (a Thursday), and we just received an email that the President of the Philippines has just declared October 25 a holiday, so it's another day off of school that we weren't anticipating. They say that's a pretty common occurrence, which I find pretty hilarious.
And it is currently pouring down rain. Rainy season is over in December, and I'm pretty excited about it. I have learned, however, that what I'm experiencing now is not even hot. That comes sometime in March...
Can anyone in the Philippines declare any day a holiday?
ReplyDeleteI wish that happened here more! Miss you Sharon!
ReplyDeleteI am pretty sure that the President is the only one who can do that, but he takes his power pretty seriously.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like Sudan. I think the kids went to school 2 of the 10 days we were there, days kept being declared holidays.
ReplyDeleteBut on some of the holidays, the kids were required to march in political rallies, so it wasn't a TRUE day off.
in other news, i miss running with you.
Hi Sharon, loved ready all your posts! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteDr. Mark